Plastic To Copper Connection For Shower and Bath | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plastic To Copper Connection For Shower and Bath in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I am in the process of redoing my bathroom (in fact I have been for a long time now!) and I will shortly be installing my bath and shower cubicle.

The pipework to the facilities is in plastic. My bath is going to have a bath filler (Centrafill from Screwfix) with wall valves. The instructions are very limited and make no reference on how to install the wall valves. There is no mounting plate for them. What is the most ideal way to mount these in a partition wall. I presume I am going to have to connect the plastic to copper at some point. Is compression or push fit the most secure way of doing this? I was then thinking of adding some wood frame work and securing the pipes via clips to this and then attaching the valves. The back of the valves have no mounting points at all. Is this usual?

Equally I will be installing a Mira minilux mixer shower. This is not the standard bar mixer but a unique design so I can't use one of the mounting brackets available for bar showers. Has anyone any suggestions on the best way of mounting this in a partition wall also? It does state in the manual that it would need to be copper so once again I'd have to join plastic to copper.

Any advice would be gratefully received plus if anyone has any links to photos of a similar job that would be good too.

Thanks in advance,

Daz

Bit tricky "advising" or suggesting without seeing the bits and bobs and walls, space etc.

If you have a camera on your mobile, why not take a few holiday snaps then pop down to your local plumbing merchant. They're usually very helpful with things like this.

Upvote 0
Agree, impossible to say without seeing the bits. Your local trade counter plumbers merchant is a good start. One thing for sure though if you intend to make the pipework a structural part of the strength of the finished fitment then do not use anything other than fully soldered joints. Compression fittings, brass or plastic should not be stressed in service. When it comes to joining the plastic to the copper I have to say that having seen many burst and pushed apart compression joints due to freezing these last few weeks I am amazed how J G Speedfit joints and plastic in general survives ice. Changed my view of plastic a bit to be honest; still wouldn't have it in my house though.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate you taking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Upto the tiler to correct then at his expense...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bristan-bar-valve-wa...
Replies
Views
T
Replies
Views
Back