Platic pipes near radiators | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Platic pipes near radiators in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys. I'm getting the radiators installed in my property now and I'm struggling between plastic and copper pipes to radiators. I've asked 2 plumbers and they said opposite opinions. The first one said only copper pipes is allowed into radiators, and the second plumber agreed to install plastic ones. Is there a difference in terms of safety and durability? Is the first plumber being too conservative or the second one negligent?
Looking forward to your opinions, ta
Frank

Depends on how they are piped if coming up out of the floor then I would only fit copper, if in walls and concealed coming out behind rads then plastic fine. It’s safety and aesthetics as pipes get banged and caught while hoovering. That just my thoughts but if I was fitting then would be all copper.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Cheers for the advice Shaun. How easy would...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Nothing wrong with plastic pipes for the hots...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Definitely worth checking the clipping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Never did try to scare the OP Ric! But I...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Thanks for the comments fowlerboi. Like you I...
Replies
Views
Back