[Please Help]Cold Water Tank Replacement Cost-Am I Being Ripped Off? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss [Please Help]Cold Water Tank Replacement Cost-Am I Being Ripped Off? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

R

Rupert

Hello Everyone.
I humbly come to post needing your advice on a rather urgent issue I have regarding my cold water tank in the loft. Basically, a few days ago I noticed a patch of yellow in my bedroom ceiling. I then went up in my loft to find that the water tank was leaking. I called a plumber who changed the valve and charged me £170. He then told me that I should think about changing the tank and he said he'd do it for £1500. Worriedly I then called another local plumber and he quoted me £1300.
Am I right in thinking these prices are a lot? I don't want to sound rude but I think they know I'm desperate.

Please can anyone shed some light as to how much I should be looking at to replace a plastic water tank in the loft?

Really appreciate everyone's input.

Did you find out where it was leaking from ? And any pictures of the said tanks ?

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Here I would charge half of that to replace the ball valve.

I doubt if you need to change the tank, sounds like a chancer.

If so, around £500 should cover the job…

Depends on size and access but I'd think anything over £700 is too expensive. If your wanting it done straight away tho, then price could double. I just wouldn't do it if my diary is full but plenty will drop other work for the right price - I think that could be what's happening here.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I think some public libraries can get you a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
back feeding from your central heating?
Replies
Views
  • Question
No to put too fine a point on this, but would...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Back