please help its my boiler im desperate | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss please help its my boiler im desperate in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

legzi

hi this morning i turned up the pressure on my baxi boiler to 2bar but when my girlfriend later turned on the boiler it ****ed out water
at the moment it has stopped spurting water and when i turn power on the lights come on like its working and it makes a few noises
the flame does not light and the pressure is at zero
is my boiler nackered or can i save it please help anyhelp is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
youve probably overpressurised it, and the tpr valve has popped open. shouldnt be a problem, call a plumber tho, you need to understand a bit of the basics before you touch it yourself, so best left alone.

shaun

youve probably overpressurised it, and the tpr valve has popped open. shouldnt be a problem, call a plumber tho, you need to understand a bit of the basics before you touch it yourself, so best left alone.

shaun
i just sent u a pm coz i wasnt sure if u would knew i replied sorry am new

hi mate it has over pressured definetly then its spurted out the prv like u said the electrics seem to be ok as it all turns on the flame doesnt come on though and the pressure is at zero sum1 said the flame wont light if theres no pressure is that true isnt there any like standered procedure for this kind of thing coz it must happen a lot i have a bit of knowledge i just need some guidence please help me mate what would you do if u was called out for this kind of job what things would u check and that sort of stuff
i cant really afford a plumber and im in the **** with my girlfriend please help

I am given to understand that British Gas allow one to take out a monthly paid yearly
insurance so you could probably get it fixed for not very much money...

yes they do but if you start the monthly plan 20 ponud a month u have to wait 30 days before they can fix it or u can pay around 150 and they do it within a week u still gotta sighn up for a year though

Therefore although the problem with your boiler sounds simple,
Because of the power of the HSE over all of our lives it would be unwise for a plumber to suggest a fix to someone who`s expertise lies in other areas.

Therefore although the problem with your boiler sounds simple,
Because of the power of the HSE over all of our lives it would be unwise for a plumber to suggest a fix to someone who`s expertise lies in other areas.

i have an idea am just not sure if it will make it worse so i cant afford to try it i think i need to reset the boiler then put more pressure into the boiler but am not sure if its a simple as that could anything happen if i try that

just took the front case off the boiler flame still wont ignite but is clicking

when i attemt to repressurise the boiler water spurts out thetop of the condensate trap help me plz

Hmm!

Although you should not touch it unless you are competent to do so and the boiler is yours, or your GaSafe registered.

One of the causes may be beside overpressure is that the condensate line is blocked.

This causes a lot of problems similar to the one you mention. Its a safety feature that keeps the boiler off if there is no way to drain the condensate water. And if your condensate water is spurting back at you, it may indicate a blocked condensate line.

Hmm!

Although you should not touch it unless you are competent to do so and the boiler is yours, or your GaSafe registered.

One of the causes may be beside overpressure is that the condensate line is blocked.

This causes a lot of problems similar to the one you mention. Its a safety feature that keeps the boiler off if there is no way to drain the condensate water. And if your condensate water is spurting back at you, it may indicate a blocked condensate line.

that sound like the problem the water comes out of a 2 to 3mil hole at the top how would i unblock it or what do i have to do to fix it
and dont worry the boiler is mine on my own property so if i dont fix it i will be robbed by brittish gas thanks for taking your time to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back