PLEASE HELP - problem with ideal c24 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss PLEASE HELP - problem with ideal c24 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarah218715

Hello

can anyone please help me. i have a ideal c24 combi boiler. every time i want hot water i have to turn the hot water tap on (any one in the house) then run up and press the red reset button. it needs doing every single time and as soon as hot is off the button on boiler goes red again (maybe not as soon as turn tap off but within 5 minutes)

also when i have a shower it goes straight to boiling boiling hot, completely unbearable. i have to turn it on, then turn off, then turn on and off, on, off and so on until my shower is complete. ( i get about 2 seconds cold water so it take AGES to have a shower or i get scalded! (i have turned the temp down on both and dont work)

am i missing something obvious? i really could do with the help.

thanks! x

as its a gas appliance please get a gas safe engineer out

and if you have kids in the house i would turn the hot water mode off if possible to save scalding

ok, so it's not something obvious i am missing then. i didnt know if i had a button on a wrong bit or something.

ok, so it's not something obvious i am missing then. i didnt know if i had a button on a wrong bit or something.

no sorry on the front there will be two knobs (if a combi boiler) one heating temp and one hot water temp

no sorry on the front there will be two knobs (if a combi boiler) one heating temp and one hot water temp

yeah i turned them both down. I thought (more hoping) it was something obvious i could have done. will get someone in. thankyou so much for the fast response!

yeah i turned them both down. I thought (more hoping) it was something obvious i could have done. will get someone in. thankyou so much for the fast response!

no problem what so ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It might not be compatible with the existing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Back