Please Help! Require replacement bleed screw for old - Euramo MXL 130 - Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Please Help! Require replacement bleed screw for old - Euramo MXL 130 - Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

golfguyuk

Hello everyone.

My Dad has asked me to find a specific part for a Boiler Pump but I am struggling to find any details and countless searches on forums have led me to making a post instead. The model is a Euramo MXL 130 - Salmson Boiler Pump (seen a post which said Euramo has been taken over by Wilo).

I know this pump is very old now but my Dad is happy with the functioning of it and doesn’t feel the need to replace it but it does need a new bleed screw. This part no longer functions, my Dad has sealed it for just now but thinks if he loosens it again it cannot be secured back on. So does anyone know where I can buy this small plastic part? Or even a compatible part?

I have included photos of the boiler pump as well as the very worn out bleed screw.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Gavin Adams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Euramo LTD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salmson Pumps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Model: MXL 130
No: 5202002
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1~240V_50Hz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Class F
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2,7 _ 400V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RPM - 1600
1)
A: 0,23
W: 45/52
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RPM - 2000
2)
A: 0,33
W: 60/75
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RPM - 2600
3)
A: 0,43
W: 85/100

It looks like the whole seating for the bleed screw has rusted away. I doubt that part can be obtained let alone replaced. I know it's not what you want to hear but I think you might have to bite the bullet and get a new pump.

They stopped making that pump around 25 years ago. You don't even come across them much anymore as they have mostly been replaced. You may be lucky but probably not.

As above, new pump and also replace the pump valves as the ball valve ones will no doubt leak as soon as you try and shut them off.

change it to avoid more problems later :)
Euramo MXL 130 - Boiler Pump - Bleed Screw Problem :: GlasgowCity-20110102-00013.jpg picture by superdude84 - Photobucket

is that another pump in the background ????????????????

Well spotted "safegasinstall". Yeah its a new Grundfos pump. I can change it over just now but just wanted to see if the current pump could be repaired with a new bleed screw as it functions fine.

Thanks for all your replies. If anyone does come across a way to get a new bleed screw then please let me know.

Change the pump and stick some new valves on also. Judging by the state of the pump in the pics it aint worth messing with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
If you haven't done so already, try 'fishing'...
Replies
Views
G
I always say the first coat of paint needs...
Replies
Views
R
Your existing problems with the burner...
Replies
Views
Back