plse help my boiler pressure is in the red - Vokera | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plse help my boiler pressure is in the red - Vokera in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hugsrach

please anyone advise everynight when i come home from work my pressure on my boiler is in the red, so I have to top it up to 1.5, when i turn on my boiler the pressure goes up to 2 which i gather is normal, my heating starts working but it goes off when i run the hot water so I have to turn the boiler off and start it up again, also this isnt just happening when i run the hot water the heating just keeps cutting out, my heating must run for about 10 mins and then cuts out again, so I have to turn off and reset again which is getting very fustrating. I have checked all the radiators but cant find any leaks.

Now for the strange part lol the other night it was really bad gails outside and my boiler didnt need turning back on once, it ran all night for the first time in ages, I have had three engineers out and they all say "i can fit you a new boiler" but surely if i had a new boiler this wouldnt sort the problem out. Any help would be apprecaited I am freezing lol:(

What make and model of boiler is it ?
When you say in the red I assume you mean low pressure . You have a leak somewhere or a problem with the exp vessel or safety valve

Just noticed its a Vokera .
A good engineer should be able to pinpoint your problem first before the new boiler option

Last edited:
hi thanks but i have had an engineer who said it wasnt the expansion vessel, i have noticed that my down flow pipe is slighly wet but cant see a drip coming from it, also i was wondering i have heard of something that you can put in the radiators to stop the leak is there is one, could amyone tell me if this is a good idea or not thanks :)

If your safety valve pipe is wet you have a problem with either the safety valve or the expansion vessel, get another engineer in

i agree with Toddyplumb ,by the sound of it you could have two issues perhaps that maybe simple to fix ,if someone has checked the expansion vessel and ruled that out then you could have a leaking automatic air vent which is not expensive, also your Pressure relief valve will need replacing , boilers are designed to work with water in them so this is your first problem to solve , with a bit of luck your boiler maybe ok, good luck

sorry Marc but i am female lol so when you say automatic air vent can you explain what this is? thanks

dont be sorry , there has to be a way for the air to escape from the boiler for it to function correctly ,if this is faulty it will leak and sometimes they are left shut which can cause other problems

Have been reading thread and have also to repressurise frequently Vokera linea MAX boiler. I can see the red press vessel and there is the inlet for the water at the bottom of tank and next to this there is a small black valve. I expect this to be a drain. I cannot see any relief or pressure valve which I was expecting at the top of the vessel.
We recently had a yearly service which I did not see and I believe this tank was tested. The guy who serviced said that the likely cause for the loss of press was a leak somewhere else in the system.
At the frobt of the boiler is the Grundfost main pump. On the back of the pump there is a gold cap that also has a little valve on top. I found this loose and a very small seep of water emerging. Should this be screwed tight shut?

... a small black valve...

If the valve you see looks like a tyre inflation valve then it's not a drain, it's used to adjust the "air" side pressure in the vessel.

The Pressure Release Valve won't be attached to the pressure vessel, easiest way to find this valve if you don't know what it looks like is to trace the pipework back from the pressure release pipe (copper pipe to outside your house, not plastic condensate drain) back through the boiler. You're after something with a (generally) red plastic cap.

What you're asking about WRT the pump might be the air bleed screw which should be shut. Perhaps have a Google around to see if "Air Bleed Screw" matches what you have.

Wheeto

many thanks for your kind reply. Do you have any reasons for my regular loss of pressure with this boiler so that I can address and get fixed

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Back