Plug a 17mm OD Copper Pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plug a 17mm OD Copper Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I found a 17mm OD pipe, which looks steely, in the walls of our house.

It's disconnected, but don't know where the other end connects to.

I want to plug it and plaster over it, any idea how to cap a 17mm pipe?

Many thanks,

Adam

Assuming this is 1940’s copper pipe, swage a 15mm copper fitting and take it onto a 15mm end stop. You won’t swage an end stop - fitting swaged, pipe, end stop. So you will need to cut into the wall, for a flush finish.

A better solution is to find the other end - compressed air and a good set of ears is good at that

Both a cork and swaging the pipe are great solutions, thanks all for your help.

I'm going to try swaging with an end stop, and if that won't work for some reason a cork will have to do. I will also search for the other end!

Similar plumbing topics

They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
So I had this somewhat bizarre reply fro BES...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Sometimes a few sharp taps with a spanner will...
Replies
Views
Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
Back