Plumb rainwater to in ground cistern under house? | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumb rainwater to in ground cistern under house? in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

C

Cody l

I'm trying to pipe rainwater into my cistern under my house. I'm trying to find an overflow controle method. 4" auto valves are to expensive. Thought about putting a ring around in to raise the top up far enough to put an overflow pipe but I don't think I could get it to seal right. Is there a certain amount of pipe I could put down into the cistern to stop the flow naturally when it gets to a certain level? Sump pumps won't keep up with the amount of flow we get in bigger storms. My pipe is 4" connects to a filter bucket on the gutter. Runs under the house in the crawl. I plan on putting an overflow just above on my bucket to route extra water away. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
To be fair, it depends on how the bathrooms...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
Back