Plumber merchants | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumber merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozak1968

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I dont know if its been done before but can you name and shame the best and worst merchants you use. Which ones are friendly and helpful and which ones are obnoxious and patronising. Do they know your name? or do the just say hello mate?

I know my merchants personally and I also hear very good reviews about a certain Williams & Co .....but if you get bad service best vote is with your feet regards Turnpin:(

I see the way some talk to customers who are not in the trade and feel ashamed by the way they behave.
I know my merchants personally and I also hear very good reviews about a certain Williams & Co .....but if you get bad service best vote is with your feet regards Turnpin:(

I see the way some talk to customers who are not in the trade and feel ashamed by the way they behave.
I have witnessed it myself and they have tried to put me on the receiving end as well but I am fluent in Anglo Saxon and It`s their loss try and get the guy`s name and bubble him /her to head office don't deal with the manager in the shop as they will close ranks the last thing any trade needs is bad publicity {I have worked behind the ramp for ten years or so and can honestly say I treated people the same as they treated me you can still get know alls who really don't know F`all] don`t let it spoil your day just take your trade elsewhere...Regards Turnpin:sunny:

I cannot/ will not use plumbcentres in my area. 4 years ago when I was starting out down the lonely self employed road, the arrogant pricks in these merchants treated me with utter contempt .Considering I was a paying customer with potential to spend a lot with them, these useless knob jockeys with little or no product knowledge showed a complete lack of customer courtesy and in depth product knowledge and total lack of foresight. That said, to redress the balance I hold the staff at Willbond plumbing centres in the highest regard. Customer care, product knowledge and friendly approach are second to none and consequently they get all my business!

plumb-base next to me is spot on... service prices chit chat willing to help ect ect
maidstone plumbing are just a bunch of numptys if its not on the shelf that you pick up your self forget it iv had to go behind the counter and get what i wanted from the racks coz the guy didnt know when you want. dont want too price drop or match to keep business.. well over priced just not a good firm.... wont use them agen

I'm banned from plumbase! I paid late, and they told me I had to pay £50 excess. And guess what, I didn't.

my local indie boiler & spares merchant are good they do there best to price match where possible . pts bradford are knob jockeys and only give discounts to select few. the guys at plumbfix are great they know naff all about plumbing but can have a laugh and are good lads and lasses.

my local indie boiler & spares merchant are good they do there best to price match where possible . PTS Bradford are knobs and only give discounts to select few. the guys and Gals at plumbfix are great they know naff all about plumbing but can have a laugh. only used plumb center a few times pricey but then again i'm not a regular but have always been polite

Always find plumbcentre really unhelpfull, very cliquey. Just get left at the counter and ignored, as someone said before, they have no product knowledge

Plumbcenter are ****e. There'll be a guy standing playing with his nuts at the counter but he won't help you because he's on the parts counter and not the plumbing or drainage counter. Even if you do get served they know feck all. I only go there to buy basin waste mates and Philmac couplings...

not got a decent one round here anymore im using screwfix more and more cheaper for a lot of stuff and the walthamstow branch are realy helpfull edmonton are a bunch of dicks tho

Always find plumbcentre really unhelpfull, very cliquey. Just get left at the counter and ignored, as someone said before, they have no product knowledge

It was me, and your spot on. Going against my golden rule went in the plumbcentre at Newark to be one of the jaw dropper gang. They didn't have a clue that they were on the website for £11.99 and told me its not an item they stock. Not what the website said, total bunch of numptys !!

Plumbcenter are ****e. There'll be a guy standing playing with his nuts at the counter but he won't help you because he's on the parts counter and not the plumbing or drainage counter. Even if you do get served they know feck all. I only go there to buy basin waste mates and Philmac couplings...

Here here !!!

I see both sides of plumb center. Darlington are absolutely pants, but, Bishop Auckland cant do enough for you and know there stuff.

not got a decent one round here anymore im using screwfix more and more cheaper for a lot of stuff and the walthamstow branch are realy helpfull edmonton are a bunch of dicks tho

City Plumbing in Raven Rd mate. They really do know their stuff, got huge stock and are competitive on price. Not City Plumbing Supplies who are part of Travis Perkins, by the way, these guys are independents.

Actually, all merchants are cr@p sometimes, including us. Its just that some are more cr@p than others, and are cr@p more often than others. There is also a difference between the efforts that they make to put right the consequences of being cr@p from time to time.

Or am I talking cr@p?

Actually, all merchants are cr@p sometimes, including us. Its just that some are more cr@p than others, and are cr@p more often than others. There is also a difference between the efforts that they make to put right the consequences of being cr@p from time to time.

Or am I talking cr@p?

Haha! Not cr@p, it makes sense. Anyone can get things wrong, it's how they deal with cockups when they happen that sets good businesses apart from rubbish ones.

back in essex there is a smallish independent shop that could not help you any more then they could.
free tea machine allwase one or two guys in there having a chat staff know there stuff and stock wasnt a problem.
even let the regular guys got stock on tick if needed some times not the cheapest but when the get to know you then things change.. never had a problem....
my local plumbbase is the nuts olny one guy in there that just dont want to be nice to any one!!!! little numpty almost got a bag or two of fittings at his head but we have a rep that comes in time to time ands cook bacon buttys ea and chat love it free t shirst now and then...

City Plumbing at crayford had a really bad attitude, so it was brilliant when Williams & Co opened a branch just across the road. You can see all the plumbers vans pulling into Williams and not one on City Plumbings forecourt.

It all depends on whether the manager wants to be there or not, get a good manager and he will get good staff, he leaves and it all falls apart again

Williams & Co in basingstoke always very good, go the extra mile every time. Other than them i like pts, dont have an opinion on city plumbing and dont like plumcentre.

Plumbase seem to cock things up every time! its annoying when they have the monoply on intergas

my local indie boiler & spares merchant are good they do there best to price match where possible . PTS Bradford are knobs and only give discounts to select few. the guys and Gals at plumbfix are great they know naff all about plumbing but can have a laugh. only used plumb center a few times pricey but then again i'm not a regular but have always been polite
Whos your indie in the Bradford area ? Don't use them much but lads on counter at Pts Bradford are sound even if sales staff are unhelpful with competitve prices. Most of big sheds are very unhelpful to the smaller business and i prefer to deal with independants if possible but they are getting fewer and fewer and finding somebody who knows the products and what they actually do is rarer than hens teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
  • Question
RR = Roper Rhodes...
Replies
Views
Back