plumber software | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumber software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I am going to use some one services of building plumbers software,
can you point out what would you like guys to see and be able to do with it ,as you all well be able to use it after :)

just need to collect your ideas as what will be useful to you and what will be good

a simple floor plan with the ability to add pipe runs, emitters, HWCs etc, even if only for our own records, you would know where things are if there was ever a need, instead of trying to remember jobs 3-4-5 years ago.

thx stani , pls keep them coming you all will get copy for free if it gets build up and approved !

I have a spreadsheet to do my accounts and my stock is quite detailed. Date, Supplier, Item, Qty, Net Price, VAT, Total Price, Price per item including VAT. Then there are columns where I add up cost of goods sold on a job.

Once a year I copy Date, Supplier, Item, Qty and Price to another spreadsheet. This sheet is referred to for something I bought in the previous year but has other uses as well, e.g. how much items cost from different suppliers, how much a supplier is varying its prices on items, how much I've spent with a supplier, etc, etc.

I'm not looking to have this replicated but given for ideas if it helps.

thx dontknowitall ,it will get build to serve as and get used by many people just what we need to become more organised

I like the idea of the floor plan for estimating, also a built in customer database? Possibly with template gas forms? so I have a historic record of customers and jobs completed. Lol Im not asking for much am i?..

As CES said would be good with a record of who has paid or not, espeicially if we have a busy winter again!!

what about an enhanced customer database, jobs done, how much they paid, location of services within home and location of main stopcock outside. whether referred or not and by who.

A way of giving reminders for annual stuff like landlords certs, services etc, first service after install etc

If it were to be design software then, I am not sure if its possible but maybe looking at combing multiple heat sources and multiple emitters. Also some of the systems I am designing are capable of doing cooling as well.

thx Mick , I will need you to put it dawn how would you like it to be ,as your request is a bit complicate to me !

If its gonna store customer data etc then a column for credit score even if its just a colour red, amber and green. Green good payer, amber needs tighter payment terms to cash in on late payment and red never in a million years. Also in the oil side somewhere to log nozzle size.

a section which will tell you what parts you have replaced previously, I usually write this in marker on the inside of the front casing at the moment

with all the suggestions so far how about splintering it like our industry that way you could make more money by flogging the same basic system, but have them adjusted to suit the technology, as there are more lurverly gas engineers than smelly oil engineers you could make it cheaper to the gas boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to update on this- i went for Gas...
Replies
Views
If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back