Plumber warranty issue | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumber warranty issue in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Looking for some advice a plumber supplied and fitted a new shower pump 13 months past. The pump has failed and despite it having a two year manufacturer warranty the plumber does not want to know and to quote him "it only has a 3 month warranty max in terms of their liability" They even tried to charge me a call out fee for diagnosing the failed pump they installed. Are they being reasonable here? Any advice!

Contact the manufacturer as the warranty is with the pump so you and the manufacturer

Even though I don't have a purchase receipt for the item. When you supply goods and fit them there is no obligation for the plumber to honour a warranty no longer than 3 months?

You have a receipt and they mostly go by serial numbers

The warranty isn’t with him tho if it was a pipework issue / leak then yes should be 12 months

Have added a picture it is a CT50 model. The only receipt I have is from a plumber saying that a pump was installed 13 months past does not even list the model. A quick read on the law indicates the agreement is with the person that supplied and installed but the caveat is that it is just over 12 months

Attachments

• IMG20221027102916.jpg
    IMG20221027102916.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 31
It's not unreasonable for the plumber to refer you to the manufacturer. Personally I like to go out and have a look at any problems with stuff I've fitted but unless the fault is a result of poor installation then I don't think they have any liability here that would exceed the manufacturers guarantee.
If you were referred to manufacturer but requested/demanded a visit from your plumber then I dont think its unreasonable to charge.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sounds like the right thing to do however hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Let's see a pic of install. Salamander are...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
For the job you have described materials are...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Please check the problematic faucets after...
Replies
Views
Back