plumber | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just spoke to friend of a friend mate : he had a problem with electric shower and called the letting agent . so far all good ,they sent over a plumber !
He changes a electric shower and tells the tenant to close the door as he need it his space to work and there was nothing to be so interest for him to see ! some times after he comes out and job done ! here is a list of what he also did in the bathroom when he change the shower

1.he broke the diaphragm on the toilet cistern
2.put a roll of paper in the toilet
3.undid and swapped over live and neutral on the immersion heater and left the screw undone
4.swaped working 13amp fusses with dead ones
5.on the way out he just broke the bathroom sliding door
6.sealed overflow pipe to cistern with silicone
7.shower he fitted is actually working

could not believe it what a person will do that

Sounds like a wrongun to me. Maybe the letting agent and him did not get on and your mate was just the unfortunate one whos house was used as a protest site. Tell your mate to recommend you to do the work in the future could be a nice earner for you Stan

Bet the landlord or agent owed him money. Not right or fair on your mate though.

Well he was told that he had to pay for the repairs as landlord only covers first part shower the rest is going down on maintenance , and I think plumber new what is the score and created him self more work .What I do not understand is how on earth some one will do a such a think just to earn more muney , and he was not a foreigner like some here might think ! I am shocked as I thought this is only happening on that TV program ! But in fact this is why people are so sick of solo traders and are running and willing to pay BG to look after them !Any way just thought to let you know what type of plumbers are out there !Stan

its fraud and should be sent to jail, its needs to be reported to the letting agent and they can phone the police.

Sounds like a very dodgy bloke but trying to prove it was him is going to be nearly impossible.

You get bad apples in every trade in evry country all over the world. But this bloke needs reporting, we all like earning extra money but breaking things to trick people into having extra work done is terrible. Get your mate to report this bloke Stan

Sounds like a very dodgy bloke but trying to prove it was him is going to be nearly impossible.

even if he just gets a fright, it may make him think twice. These sorts of people tend to start of small and if they keep getting away with it get worse and worse. next it will be going through elderly tennants purses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back