Plumbers arrested over tax evasion | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbers arrested over tax evasion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
it gives the impression that those arrested are 'ghosts' and do not pay tax at all, rather than it being a witch hunt against proper professionals such as us

Yes I think so too. Just wanted to let everyone know!

As an afterthought, if they are arresting tax dodgers then hopefully those of us who are running our businesses legitimately will get more work as a result!

As an afterthought, if they are arresting tax dodgers then hopefully those of us who are running our businesses legitimately will get more work as a result!

there is a good possibility, as long as they are jailed for their fraud offences and not simply fined in which case they will just return to their previous ways.

cant wait to be investigated may be they will sort me books out free of charge, and a big rebate would be handy too!!!, saying that if they are only going after gas safe registered engineers, has gas safe been approached to supply them with information and is gas safe assisting the tax office!!!!!!!! just a thought.

Gas safe had no option but to hand over the information requested.

I had an argument with the then corgi inspector not long after notifying was first introduced.
He basically said i need to start registering work. I said no i wasn't doing it and never would because if the tax wanted to look into things they would start with them. He said we wouldn't divulge that info to them. I said wise up! I'm still not notifying and i never have. Scotland is a bit different.

What f***s me off about all this is that we're being tarred with the same brush as doctors and dentists. I wouldn't mind if we were actually earning the same as that lot but correct me if i'm wrong, we're bloody well not. I think theres a general misunderstanding amongst joe public (and HMRC for that matter) that because you're a plumber you gotta be pretty well off and if you have a GSR card then the streets are paved with gold. When are these idiots going to wake up and realise that nothing could be further from the truth. In my view the only folk in this industry making anything like serious money are the cowboys who continue to get away with it.

Nobody in this industry is making major money and never has been. Most are scrapping a living although there are a few major players raking it in but no more than any other trade or industry. The powers that be are so far removed from reality they know no different.
We are an easy target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Favorite would be the ball valve in the CWS...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
The 830 and 630 are the same boiler, just the...
Replies
Views
Back