Plumbing a new toilet - is this okay? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing a new toilet - is this okay? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pluminthedunny

Hi All

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I'm looking at fitting a new downstairs toilet but the new one is back-to-the-wall type. The soil outlet is through the floor - it sits a few cm below the height of the floor. The soil connection on the toilet centreline is 190mm above the floor but the opening is 30mm closer to the wall than the centreline of the soil outlet on the floor. I have attached a drawing (too hard to photo).

As the overlap is only 30mm I was thinking just buy a 90 degree flexi connector but it would need to bend back on itself a few cm. Would this be okay?

I guess the alternative would be to build out the wall by 10cm? I'd rather avoid this if I can.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Chris

toilet soil connection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, looks great but how do I connect this and then move the toilet into position? Don't I have to connect the pan connector and then move the toilet back to the wall?

its called back to the wall because the cistern and pan go back to the wall, is it close coupled pan?

Yes it is a close coupled pan. I assumed that I have to make the connections and then move the toilet into position as there is no access once it is in position.

Thanks for your help with this.

Assemble the pan and cistern, and mate the cistern to pan with the bolts supplied, Push unit towards wall, lining up the soil outlet on loo with the soil pipe coming from floor/wall.

Assuming that both soil pipes line up roughly, slide out the loo and insert your appropriate pan connectors. slide loo back into place supporting the back of pan connector while pushing the pan into the connector, this will ensure that the pan connector makes a good seal joining up the loo to the soil pipe.

At this point you should notice that the back of the cistern is now touching the wall (not if not you may need a different pan conn. or you may need to modify soil pipe/pan connector.

if its off by a bit you can use the right bit of wood to fill the gap although im not a fan on this as it looks like a bodge (but if it means a working loo.....)

If cistern is back to wall, screw in the cistern utilising the pre drilled holes at top, and fix down you pan.

Then pipe up a water supply using a pan connector and a iso.

If in doubt pay for a plumber to do the work for you saves a huge insurance bill and a flooded kitchen if you cause a leak!

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Another great option. Thanks very much. I’ll...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Communication is always the key in...
Replies
Views
D
Very hard to determine what you can and can't...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back