plumbing experience in Nottingham | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumbing experience in Nottingham in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I have done all my exams in November and now just awaiting my Nvq. Im worried as i did my practicals months ago and fear that i have forgotten some things. Can anyone help? i would like to gain some experience somewhere in Nottingham . i dont mind if its not paid. Can anyone help?

Nathan

I can only help with advice. The NVQ2 is largely about site safety, protecting customer's property, and working methodically. Making sure you get loads of photos in. I "had to" take a photo of carrying a radiator on a sack barrow in somebody's garden while wearing my steelies to get manual handling in. Then I actually had to take it off the barrow and carry it up some stairs and through a door to get into the building, but the photo ticked a box.

You won't be expected to dismantle a tap that hasn't been serviced since 1970 to get a maintenance task in. Fairly simple stuff is adequate to get the qualification (but perhaps not to do the work you may end up doing afterwards, unless you do newbuild site work, I suppose, which I was never in the least bit interested in). I was tempted to use a cast-iron rainwater installation as part of my NVQ, but it wouldn't have got me any more points than the cold water storage cistern that I did use in my portfolio (not all assessors will accept a cistern: mine did).

What you do need to do is get it clearly from your assessor what he or she expects to see in your portfolio. Because there's little point taking photos of 12 cold water installations if the assessor only needs to see 2, but then missing out photographing a maintenance task that perhaps you needed to show.

Similar plumbing topics

Any plumbers on here from the Nottingham Area...
Replies
Views
Hi There Did you manage to get some work...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I am a female and I've recently completed...
Replies
Views
Joop Ford
J
Yeah that would be a good start lol, totally...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
Back