plumbing in a worcester camray system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumbing in a worcester camray system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sandi99

I am fitting in a worcester camray oil fired system utility boiler. I am doing the pipework as a DYI job EXISTING PLUMBING NEEDS ADJUSTING

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE THE CENTRAL HEATING RETURN PIPE ENTERS THE BOILER WITH THE OLD BOILER IT ENTERED AT THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER

THERE IS AN ENTERY POINT ON THE NEW BOILER AT THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER SAYING FEED/DRAIN DO YOU THINK THIS WHERE IT ENTERS

THE REST OF THE CONNECTIONS ARE EASY TO FOLLOW

IF YOU LOOK IN THE WORCESTER SITE IT GIVES ALL THE CONNECTION POINTS, AM I RIGHT IN THINKING THAT THE RETURN SHOULD CONNECT TO THE FEED/DRAIN POINT

HOPE SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS
MANY THANKS.

PS I WILL GET THE BOILER COMMISIONED BY A REG FITTER BUT HAVENT FOUND ONE YET.

Good morning sandi99.

Take your time and check the installation instructions again a bit more carefully.

It is quite clear where the return goes to.

Plenty of pictures too. It even says on the instruction page ,

Fit the return pipe to the secondary heat
exchanger using the sealing washer supplied.

thanks for the healpfull information

now it looks like i can have the flow and return pipes running side by side out of the same side of the boiler

looking at the picture would you agree with me
again meny thanks

thanks for the healpfull information

now it looks like i can have the flow and return pipes running side by side out of the same side of the boiler

looking at the picture would you agree with me
again meny thanks

If your incapable of following the instructions for the boiler then you should not be installing it.

This is not a diy job. Get a pro in, in the long run it will save you a fortune.

As a non competent person you can only install the boiler if you have applied to building control for permission to do so, they will then inspect it and sign it off, Only then will you be able to get an oftec engineer to commision it as he will need to see the completion certificate from building control. He will need this for the forms to fill out before you can get your warranty .

thanks for the advice, will do everything according to the book.

cheers, sandi.

Including the commissioning?

I know I wouldn't be confident based on what I've read.

you also need a very expensive set of tools to commision the thing, 600 quid analyser to start, setting the oil pressure you will be adjusting around 10 bar of oil - thats gonna sting if your diy hose pops and gets in your eye. not to mention what could happen if you dont get it right. some things are better left to pro's this is one of them. by all means do your water pipes but you will be far better off with the pro commisioning the thing perfectly, just a couple of tweaks by him will give you better effiecency and save you long term money.

I agree. You need oil gauges, smoke gun, analyser etc. Are the baffles inserted correctly or have become dislodged during transit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Thanks for the input on this, much...
Replies
Views
According to the manufacturer's information OV...
Replies
Views
Back