Plumbing Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

F

fuzzy

Gee Guys I'm sick of hearing that there is lots of work out there and that the Government are going to create training to fill all the jobs we need.:confused:

If newbies don't believe me that there isn't the work out there you think there is try this:

Complete a CV with the quals you are going to gain (and are told will get you a job)
Send it to 100 plumbing companies and see what your return is like.

If I was going to pay lots of my own money out I'd rather do this that rely on rumour or misguided information before shelling out my own money.

I suppose its were about you are from coz im not qual but my bro in law is n i help im out n were constantly gettin work big n small jobs

Stick with it fuzzy pardon the pun, when you start out it is not easy, but believe me once you get going and make a good job work will come your way, i remember starting on my own in 1982 boy was it tough, now there are not enough hours in the week, i dont advertise or have my name on the van but work keeps coming, stick at it do a good job and it will get easier.

Steve.

no problem mate lol, ive been stuck in this blinkin world for 22 years, since 1989 when i left school. initially qualified as H&V C&G and advanced pipe welding (apprentice of the year, thought id drop that in!) with the exception of working in a factory welding for a bit ive been fitting plumb and heat systems all that time. i did do an NVQ in plumbing later to add to my quals, prob didnt need it coz already had all my gas since acops days but felt it added to my cv

point of my post was to give balance to the arguments for retraining i keep hearing. I am very very pro education, just that people paying out should know the facts, advice from some centres is not balanced and actually blames current plumbers for scaremongering!

fuzzy you do a good job on here mate - and im sure most people who post are made aware when they come onto here that these tech certs arent going to get them what the providers promise - false advertising to say the least but probably more of a manipulation of old facts and figures to sell an out of date course now.

Similar plumbing topics

Be really careful with online companies...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
  • Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
Back