Pluming Apprenticeship | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pluming Apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason

Hello,

I already have a thread, but this is something a little different, so I thought I'd create a new thread.

I've been struggling to find an apprenticeship, a decent one anyway. Today, a Plumbing leaflet came through my letterbox -- and this is what this thread is all about.

The website from the leaflet is: Trainfortradeskills - Contact Us

The leaflet just gives information on why demand for Plumbers is so high. Such as, 500,000 new homes are to be built by 2020 (source CITB).

If you visit the site listed above, then some of you may of heard of this company. I'd appreciate if someone could give me some feedback on this, as it does look very promising.

I plan booking an appointment at my local Connexions & take the leaflet with me, but I thought I'd ask you lot first.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jason

Jason it looks very promising because they want your money.

There are various posts re this fast track taining process, most in the know , will tell you dont waste your money.
If you have never had any practical experience in the construction industry, after your course you will be flapping like a fish out of water, and a few thousand pounds lighter.
I believe you have been given plenty of advice in your other thread , whether you choose to take note or not is up to you.
Believe me this not protectionism like some would say from a time served person, there is no doubt new blood is needed, but this aint the way to go for someone like yourself.
Ask yourself if it was that easy , why is there still a shortage ( dont actually believe it personally ), everyone paying to do a 6 week or less course, earning straight away and filling the percieved gap makes it even more unlikely, there are hundreds who have taken this route only to find the reality is very different.
Government needs to seriously address this problem by giving potential employers financial help to take on apprentices to train and gain the more vital experience of actually doing the job.
There are no fast fixes to get over this, apart from being underhanded imo to promote these courses, it is insulting to those who took a long time to be properly qualified and experienced, and those who wish to be the same.

I see what you're saying, but it must be pretty good.

I hate college courses. You find it hard to concentrate, as a larger group are being taught. You are paying for this course because you have a personal tutor. My cousin payed for an IT course and now holds a MSME award. I'm not saying it's perfect, but they must be legit, otherwise they would be closed down.

Anyway, I do appreciate your reply -- it is very much appreciated. I've got an adviser for them ringing me to give more details about it, so I'll see what they say. I'm also going to take the leaflet down to my local connexions and see what they say.

Many thanks,
Jason

Thats the problem Jason, people getting IT courses etc confused with jobs that need more than a good brain.
I am not saying they aren't bonafide training establishments, just that they dont care whether you are actually able to do the job, they even state that should you not pass the course, you can re take it free of charge.
I have four children the eldest one wants to be an electrician, he has done a year at college , helps out a sparky pal of mine at times, and still he is a cack-handed bugger, aint his fault its just the way he is , would be far better using his brain in ie IT, get my point ?

I understand what you're saying, yes. I was going to do an IT course with my cousin, but I don't want to be sitting at a computer hours on end, day after day.

However, I've always been a practical guy, despite being good at computers. And a big plus, I enjoy fixing things.

I've asked a few businessmen over at here, too: [DLMURL="http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=74955"]Paid Plumbing Course - UK Business Forums - the UK's most active help and advice forum for owners, managers and entrepreneurs of small businesses and startups.[/DLMURL]

Many thanks,
Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont listen to razal jason as he is a predudiced twisted inbred type who will give you negative feedback.

I have done fast track and have my own business established, and i get many jobs as I am cheaper, more honest and less ugly than most time served plumbers!!!

I would not advertise your status and interest to other plumbers unless you want insults.

I am going to do a website which will act as an apprentiship into all of the trade secrets that you need to do the job and no one else will tell you . .

One in the eye for the TSP's!

Jason: good luck mate

Razal: pizz off you pesimistic toss-pot!

Razal =

:mad::mad::p

you still banging on about that bloody website.
blue-screen-of-death.gif

your a fast track
cowboy-040.gif
so you don't know any tricks of the trade
where-am-i.gif

you can't even manage to answer anyones questions on here cause don't know the answers.

been in the game to long to know someone who knows what they are talking about.
and you don't.

as for being cheaper you'll loose alot of work being the cheapest as anyone wanting a proper job will not take the cheapest quote.

the only people that want jobs done on the cheap are the ones that don't care if its bodged or not as long as it works.
as for your business won't last long either.
cowboy-040.gif

so when you can compete with the pro's and run your own business that make a profit and you can employ other workforce to work for you then come back.
Plumber-01-june.gif

but at the moment your just small time to me and i just tread over people like you every day.
gros10-1.gif

ajs heating, is that's aimed towards me, then we'll see who has the whip over who in a few years time. In fact, I couldn't care less about you.

I'll go ask a few professional "businessmen" as I'm obviously not going to receive the answers I'm looking for here.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Kind Regards,
Jason

Mehera
why do you talk so much rubbish.

>hehe explains why I have to sort out the bodge jobs time served plumbers have done all over the place.

its not hard to change a tap washer.

you can't even answer the simplest problems on this site let alone fix them.

your getting very boring
asleep-045.gif

is it just me or is ajs heating a complete c**t?

i registered on here to get some advice about training.

Not everyone is lucky enough to get the opportunities at school leaving age, if people like yourselves, ajs etc, with your so called businesses were less focused on being greedy little c**ts and helped more people with apprenticeships etc, then there would be less of this fast track stuff and more tsp's.

Think you need to pull your heads out of your arses and show a little more constructive critisism. I mean we're all just trying to get the most out of life arent we?

is it just me or is ajs heating a complete c**t?

i registered on here to get some advice about training.

Not everyone is lucky enough to get the opportunities at school leaving age, if people like yourselves, ajs etc, with your so called businesses were less focused on being greedy little c**ts and helped more people with apprenticeships etc, then there would be less of this fast track stuff and more tsp's.

Think you need to pull your heads out of your arses and show a little more constructive critisism. I mean we're all just trying to get the most out of life arent we?

Oh dear , someone else jumping the gun ( or is it mehera,s mate )

Read the posts ...all of them by ajs, or me then come back and criticise ********. You will see that Mehera is the antagonist here, you are just following suit .

if you didn't think you knew everything when you come into the trade people would help the newcomers.
but when you come into the trade with a 6 week course cert like jack the lad i know everything attitude we don't want to know.

their is a few on here that ask advice on plumbing that have only just come into the trade and listern to the advice that is given about certain jobs.

until you loose that chip on your shoulder people won't help
ok-wink.gif

no chip on my shoulder, im just wanting to do something different for a living. didnt expect to know everything after a 6 week course, in fact i expected the opposite, i think these courses are 99% of the time just a waste of money, with someone just trying to cash in. However, the way tradesmen treat people wanting to learn, and be very hardworking and dedicated, in my opinion, is disgusting. I mean, everyone has to start somewhere, whats going to happen when all you "Qualified" plumbers retire? whos going to take over when there are only people trained from these "courses"? I think there is going to be a real problem which the government needs to address. More apprenticsehip type options for all ages of people, from all backgrounds, with better funding. Or just come down hard on these sheister companies.

Either way you tradesmen dont make it easy for us trying to get into it.

Either way you tradesmen dont make it easy for us trying to get into it.

Exactly , why should we ?. Its difficult enough these days getting enough work to earn a decent living for ourselves, with out having a trainee around, fact of life I'm afraid.
Agree government should be doing more,for young school leavers wishing to do apprenticeships,to fill any natural gaps, but they are short term thinking w***ers, thats why we only have enough gas storage facilities for 12 days, and have to rely on the French to bail us out of the Nuclear power fiasco because of lack of investment over the years.
As for all the qualified tradesman retiring , I dont see a time when I will ever be retired, working till I drop I reckon :rolleyes: . How many fast trackers have 30 yrs in them ? too many in their 30,s and 40,s seduced by the falsehood of shortages and high earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Mario just stick at it. Jump at the chance to...
Replies
Views
L
Thanks to you too Ermintrude. The owners of...
Replies
Views
lewisgriffy
L
D
new tiler looking for newly qualified plumber...
Replies
Views
dougmontgomery
D
E
you can do the adult course as self employed...
Replies
Views
basildog
B
S
Ok! but only after I've finished my lottery...
Replies
Views
steve1970
S
Back