Pneumatic push button flush not working, how to fix it? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pneumatic push button flush not working, how to fix it? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

I've got an inbuilt pneaumatic push button cistern (came with the house) and the full flush is not working. The half flush works but isn't great. When I take off the cover plate I can unscrew the 'thing' from the cover plate and when I manually use my finger to push in the plunger there's no resistance and the plunger just gives and then returns back.
The tubes lead into the wall cavity with pretty much no access.
Any ideas on what might be wrong and how I can fix the full flush?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201023_130217.jpg
    20201023_130217.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 85
Thanks for the replies.
I tried cutting off an inch of the tubing and reattached it but that didn't work.
I have the same toilet upstairs and I swapped the bellows around and the bellows are fine.
One thing I noticed when I took off the back plate (see picture) is that when I move around that white plastic piece that is holding the metal tube, when I now flush the 1/2 flush works and the toilet flushes. But I have to wiggle this plastic piece as it changes the angle in order for it to work and to refill properly.
I don't know how these things work and can't find any documentation to help me explain it so do you guys know how this plastic thing is supposed to sit in order for the 1/2 flush to work?
I noticed that (as per my attached) - this one piece rises when I flush which then in turn flushes and this other bit drops down. As I say though, depending on how I move the plastic bit this changes.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201030_100117.jpg
    20201030_100117.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 63
The plastic but is meant to sit flat / horizontal and clip into something on the front and back of the cistern.
With that piece not being correctly fitted, could be the cause of your problems.

FWIW, I gave up working on those cisterns a couple of years ago.
Parts way too expensive and labour times difficult to justify.

Too much grief from customers, so decided to make life easier.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
G
  • Question
I have fitted afew of these. no issues so far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry I used the word 'bayonet' because many...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideally take the toilet out and shouldn't be a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have model number FL2026 concealed cistern...
Replies
Views
Back