Poor hot water supply | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Poor hot water supply in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

B

bob900

I have a brand new combi boiler which is working fine and putting out plenty of hot water (radiators & shower fine). However hot water supply to the bathroom and kitchen sink is very slow to respond and is luke warm at best- volume of flow is fine. For some reason we can get hot water from the kitchen sink when the cold tap in the bathroom is on at the same time and vice versa. Is this the result of back flow? The problem appears to coincide with a replacment thermostatic cartridge in the shower- although the problem occurs even when the shower is off. Could it still impact the hot watersupply?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If your getting plenty of flow but not enough heat and you get hot water from kitchen when bathroom cold is on, then it sound like the water is flowing too fast for your boiler to keep up.
The installer might have cured this by turning the stopcock down to reduce the flow, now with (I assume) another plumber turning the water off to replace the thermostatic shower cartridge then turning it back on full has left you with luke warm water.

Try turning down the stopcock a bit.

Upvote 0
I don't think the boiler is struggling to keep pace. When the cold tap in the bathroom is on we can get hot water even if we turn the tap on full. The person who installed the boiler and shower is the same person. Unfortuntely the shower does not have a brand name on it so it is a mystery as to who the manufacturer is.

Upvote 0
if the boiler installer used the existing piipework it could be that the supply pipework to the problem area is in 22mm pipe. this would increase the volume of water running thru the boiler. as an old system (cylinder etc) it reduced down further away from the cylinder to 15mm if the new system is piped the other way then the bore of the pipe increases causing the problem( water flowing thru the boiler too quick)

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I think 2.7LPM is the minimum requireed so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It could be the mixer tap that’s causing the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thank you.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
Back