Popped new expansion vessel | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Popped new expansion vessel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a job yesterday on a Biasi with a leak which turned out to be the expansion vessel. Ordered a new one, fitted it and started to fill and the new one popped too which freaked me out. Prv appears to be lifting which was my first thought but just wondering if anyone has had this before and if so, what was the reason.

Sorry, posted in the wrong section if one of the mods can move it.

Confession, of no but would of thought that the prv would of lifted first anyway ?

Well went back today with a replacement vessel. Like a shi@@ing dog opening the filling loop but filled up ok, and all working . Hopefully, must of just been a faulty vessel.

Well went back today with a replacement vessel. Like a shi@@ing dog opening the filling loop but filled up ok, and all working . Hopefully, must of just been a faulty vessel.

Bet you tested the vessel pressure just in case this time ;p

I know this is slightly off subject but yes, I had one burst open big time. As in burst the metal too. Did yours or was it the diaphragm/bag inside that you're talking about ? This one flooded a commercial laundry.

No the actual metal seam at the side of the schrader valve split .

Ah !
Got to be a manufacturing flaw don't you think.
I will find my pics of the exploding vessel later and start a new thread, see who's was most spectacular lol.
At first the manufacturers said it was installed wrong ( NOT BY ME I HASTEN TO ADD).
After a short debate they organised a new one via merchant and paid my invoice for
replacing it !

I had one pop this year when flushing a new system, I had boiler valves off and filling loop open. Water main was over 6bar and I must of over pressurised it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

just about to do that, WORCS bosch say fit...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
Back