possible blocked coil. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter stecod7
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 3K

Discuss possible blocked coil. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecod7

advice please , going to try and check my cylinder for blockage tomorrow, as im not getting any heat on return to boiler h/w whats best way to unblock and what chemicals are best to degunge coil if it is blocked. thanks from a carpenter come plumber for a day
icon3.gif

would that lead to discolouration in my domestic water? my taps are all clear ,

yes it would,have you drained the system recently ?this could be a airlock very unlikely a inch coil would block,it happens but v rare

Is it on gravity or pumped? is there a balancing valve on the cylinder return, if so is it open, have seen a few where they are only just cracked open and then gets blocked with a small amount of sediment,
opening the valve a bit more should flush the sediment away, if you have a fully pumped system is you diverter valve stuck in the heating position, I would not think it's the coil itself blocked as at least a 22mm bore, or would I think coil is leaking unless your expansion tank is overflowing,
Hope this helps, Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for reply ,i have posted a new thread regarding my problem , you mentioned about my overflow yes it does overflow . seems to fill tank up from outlet pipe and not expansion pipe. ive checked all possible blockages today and filled up. no overflowing yet but no hw? baffled city @@@@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Im 99% sure its not the pump sound. just...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back