Possible company name issue? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Possible company name issue? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi folks.

A few weeks ago I was having to think of a company name and eventually came up with one.

Today I’ve purchased the domain and also had a company logo designed. On completion of all this I’ve now found another firm in close proximity with the same name but rather than ending with plumbing and heating it ends with heating solutions. Do you guys see this as a major issue or am I over thinking it?

I wouldn’t mind but I pondered for weeks on what to go with and couldn’t find anyone in the country using the exact name and now I find someone just down the road. Bugger.

Yeah i'd say it's a big no no. Not only will they probably be on to you, also you don't want customers getting confused between yours and theirs.

Just use your surname and stick pluming and heating after it 😂

Yes I see it as a potential issue.
It's easier to change it now rather than once your company name gets out and about.

Have you registered the Company at Companies House or have you bought an off the shelf company and changed the name?

No guys, all I’ve done at the minute is registered the domain name so that I could have a website and work email address. I’m so peed off cos I typed all sorts off variations into Google, Facebook and gas safe and didn’t see anything close to mine. Sods law

You can't trade with a similar name in the local area it will cause you all sorts of problems , the other company will think your trying to poach there clientele and customers Will get you mixed up better to come up with something else , I wouldn't trade in your own name only takes a few bad payers to take you down and blacken your name, you could use your Installs with plumbing and heating services on the end ? Regards kop

Similar plumbing topics

Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
True. Would have been fun otherwise - 5 zone...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
Back