Potterton 80e boiler. How to ignite pilot | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton 80e boiler. How to ignite pilot in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anne Prescott

I have a Potterton 80e boiler and I think it is currently not working because the pilot light has gone out.
There are no instruction re lighting the pilot and it looks as though the whole front casing (not just the detachable lower part) needs to be removed to get to the pilot.
Any ideas/ idiot proof solutions??
Please!! We are desperate - the plumber cannot get here until tomorrow!
Anne xx.

Yes dont be an idiot and try to light it . Call an other engineer out and maybe save yourself a trip to hospital , Do start jumps if your cold go out

Thanks!
I now know it's an automatic ignition! Engineer coming......................

look underneath on right hand side there is a pressure gauge , what does the black needle show ?

As said ,there is no pilot on this model so do not try to light
Check system presure not to low by checking gauge as said should be 1.5 bar ,top up through filling loop if required as does have a low presure sensor that will stop it working if to low
after that you will need a Gsr person to look at it
Imho

Last edited by a moderator:
There is two versions of the 80e. If there is a round white nob on the left it has a pilot. If it hasn't. It's not permanent pilot.

The white nob will turn 180'. Turn it to the middle to light it. I believe the piezo is located under the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
it may only be and ing unit fail but as Ric...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Depending on model it might be auto ignition...
Replies
Views
I've closed this thread now. You're welcome to...
Replies
Views
Back