Potterton/Baxi Promax Ultra 40 - Fluctuating temp | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton/Baxi Promax Ultra 40 - Fluctuating temp in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

R

Renato

Hi,

I have the combi boiler Potterton/Baxi Promax Ultra 40.

When I set the temperature to (e.g.) 45°C, the boiler fire up and stay at max power until the hot water temp increases to 57°C and them it turn off the flame.
When the temperature reduces to 42°C, it fire up again.

Doesn't matter the setpoint of the temperature. If I set it to 55°C, it keeps on until the temperature reaches 67°C and them turn off. And turn on when the temperature drops to 52°C.

Instead of reducing the flame to keep the temperature stable around the set temperature, it keeps turning on & off.
It looks like it's at 100% or 0%. No middle term.

If I increase the water flow opening 2 taps on the same time, let's say the shower + sink tap, the boiler modulate normally and keep the temperature stable. When the temp is stable, I close the sink tap and the shower keeps stable for the whole time.

Anyone have an idea what I need to do to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance!

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
HEX or sensor - shouldn't be a difficult...
Replies
Views
https://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/files/pdf/pdf303...
Replies
Views
If the op has the newer colour display model...
Replies
Views
Assuming ita a combi boiler then you can set...
Replies
Views
Back