Potterton boiler help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton boiler help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drewzle89

I have a potterton suprima 60L.
I accidentally drilled through a plastic heating pipe today. I knocked all the valves from the upstairs water tank in order to stop the flow. All was fixed and sorted however the boiler won't work. Weve turned on all valves again having trippled checked but the boiler clunks couple of times and defaults to red. It wont reset for a further 30minutes. Any ideas how to fix? Do i need to wait for the tank to refill? Theres no pressure gauges on these old boilers im aware of and i need help. I have a little one and need hot water and heating

thanks

If all was ok before then it sounds like air in system. Make sure any valves you closed are open and bleed the radiators. Make sure there is water from the radiator bleed valves.
Now try boiler again. Hold in reset button and see if kicks in.
If no luck with this then you may need to get someone to look at system.

Hi thanks for quick reply. I did bleed two rads for a min each and just ran clear. Any ither ideas?

Does the boiler fire at all ? if it does but only for a short time, its possible that pump has stuck

Ye it fire for around 30 seconds. Then clunks and goes off and clicks off with intermittent red light on pcb. Can you reset pump or anything?

Yes, centre of pump large silver screw, remove this (May get a small amount of water but nothing to worry about) insert small screwdriver into centre and give it a couple of turns should solve problem

When boiler cools push reset as soon as she fires turn the boiler thermostat above to off, this will stop boiler from firing up & overheating but will keep the pump going for a while,
go check that the pump is running you should be able to hear it turning if not you will need to remove that cove & use the screw driver.

If you have a old style pump there should be a speed selector on the side if it isn't already turn it up to III then back down to what it was set to a few times.

This should help to knock the trapped air out of the system pipe work, do you have any air vents on the pipework.? if so, open them & bleed out any air.

On your programmer (time clock) turn off the heating & switch on the hot water, it is much easier to clear the air from this first.

Turn up the boiler thermostat & boiler will fire up, if it start to make that noise again turn it off straight away on the stat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Oh that's a shame. Some of our other members...
Replies
Views
If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
Back