Potterton boiler intermittent firing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton boiler intermittent firing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Willenium

Hi,

I have a Potterton Profile 40eL boiler which has recently developed a fault. From a cold state it can be switched on and it runs for a short time (perhaps a few minutes) and then cuts out. Switching off the power supply and back on doesn't seem to reset it at all and it basically sits dead for a while. I noticed it start up again after some time but it cuts out after around 20-30 seconds and becomes lifeless again. The casing gets quite warm on the left side but there doesn't seem to be any hot water being produced, nor does the central heating do much. Having read online some people have reported problems with the PCB on the Profile boilers. I'm reluctant to rush out and purchase a replacement board in case it is not the culprit but I'm not ruling it out at this stage. In your opinions, where should I start looking with regards to troubleshooting this? Plumbing isn't something I've done much of unfortunately so am a bit unsure.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

Sounds like you need to get someone in who knows what they are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Back