Potterton Boiler Keeps cutting out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Boiler Keeps cutting out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iluvit

Hi

We have a potterton boiler sorry dont know the exact type off the top of my head, but it keeps cutting out and I have to keep pressing the reset button, and on occasion this doesnt solve the problem.
Its an unvented system and when it cuts out the pumps are still runing.

I have been advised it may be the circuit board in the boiler or the expansion tank needs air pumping in it????

Does anyone know or as come accross this type of problem

Ta:D

thought that but says unvented and mentions expansion vessel,could be an pressurised one but could be puma electronic or old lynx electronic !!! :)

thought that but says unvented and mentions expansion vessel,could be an pressurised one but could be puma electronic or old lynx electronic !!! :)

could be bolted to a gledhill boiler mate

Just googled about and found its seems to be a common problem with these.

Thanks for help anyway.:)

And it's an expensive problem to fix. The pcb is quite pricey never mind labour cost

Sometimes you can get away with it by going round all the joints on the circuit board with a soldering iron and solder wire. Worth trying first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
All sorted. It was a dodgy microswitch in the...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back