Potterton Boiler Not Igniting | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Boiler Not Igniting in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Potterton FF60 model boiler which has just decided it doesn't want to ignite anymore. There is not 'click' 'click' 'click' sound that you should hear when you turn the water or heating on and is no pilot light what so ever all that can be heard is what i believe is the fan. There doesn't seem to be a manual ignition switch either.

Any ideas what the issue could be and anything i could try before calling a engineer ??

Does it have power eg lights on and then next does it do anything

call a engineer. not for you to play with, that boiler if i remmember right is about 20 yrs old and not made for at least 17yrs it only had a very short run...its not the most eco boiler and you should be thinking of a replacement. that said if you get it working it gives you time to save.

call a engineer. not for you to play with, that boiler if i remmember right is about 20 yrs old and not made for at least 17yrs it only had a very short run...its not the most eco boiler and you should be thinking of a replacement. that said if you get it working it gives you time to save.

What sort of boiler should I be look at to replace it with?. I guess boilers now a days don't require the hot water tank in the airing cupboard anymore??

You could have a Vaillant 4 series installed to do the same job as the one you have.
That's the easiest way forward if you are replacing the boiler in my opinion.

What sort of boiler should I be look at to replace it with?. I guess boilers now a days don't require the hot water tank in the airing cupboard anymore??
Up to you. Combi boilers make their own hot water instantly, but have flow limitations so they don't aren't always suited, especially for houses with more than one bathroom.

You can still get heat-only and system boilers that need a separate hot water cylinder.

What you have may be repairable. Get a gas installer to have a look and see how expensive the repair would be. Could be something really simple for all we can possibly tell from this end.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
M
I would advise you to use a gas safe...
Replies
Views
All good. Cheers mate!!! Have a great weekend!!
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back