Potterton ep2000 programmer? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton ep2000 programmer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

My potterton ep2000 programmer is fryed blew and i have no heating :( the lay out is this - potterton boiler - pump - 1x two way port valve the wiring of the programmer has really got me stumped in the junction box i have - the wiring for the boiler the main feed to the plug and the connection to the programmer inside the programmer there is ABCD N L 12345 terminals but havent a clue how to rewire it right its a long story on how the wires got mixed up in the first place lol i think i can get my hands on a new potterton ep2000 programmer but if i cant what is the best replacement? any help with the wiring would be great iv looked all over for it. wire colour side - pump - (blue,brown,earth) - boiler (blue,brown,earth) then i have the connetion from the junction box to the programmer which is - (blue,red,yellow,earth) Yellow?? any help plzzzzzz..

BIG Thx

kevin:)

if youve blown one programmer wouldnt it be cdheaper in the long term to call in a sparky who knows how to rewire from scratch to ensure you get your boiler working again, its what I do and i know how to wire in from new, but when things are screwed up i always get my trusty sparky in to sort it, max normally 2 hours at 30 -40 quid an hour and job done no stress, no inadvertant sparks.

cheers oldplumber,

just really need to get the wiring info bud i am a comp spark bud been to college and everything lol finish in june for my gas whoop lol its just cos its an old system and all that about 20 year oldish i have came across some wiring info but the same o its for room stats and cy stats which this sytem dont have but thx for your reply....

kevin:)

maybe should have said wasent me that blew the prog it was a power out then a surge when it came back on that did it was just when the wife went to turn the heating on we discoverd it wasent working :( .

Last edited:
not being sarcastic but if your a sparky and getting your gas quals just strip everything down and start from scratch, identify all your wires, follow the normal wiring protcols and bobs your uncle

not being sarcastic but if your a sparky and getting your gas quals just strip everything down and start from scratch, identify all your wires, follow the normal wiring protcols and bobs your uncle

sparkys involved????????????????? i do it myself this is basic stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Programmer. Thanks for the helpful replies...
Replies
Views
I would still wire it from the 10 way.:p:p
Replies
Views
That’s cool, folks, thanks. I will admit to...
Replies
Views
B
My Potterton ep2000 programmer has expired, it...
Replies
Views
Balance
B
S
Use multimeter not volt stick. If perm live...
Replies
Views
Back