Potterton HE Store - Can't repressurise - Valve stuck? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton HE Store - Can't repressurise - Valve stuck? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, I have a Potterton Promax HE Store boiler, and in the past a few times I have had to repressurise the system after getting an E119 error. Usually I take off the bottom cover and turn one valve, hear the water coming in, and watch the pressure increase. However I've got the error today after several months of not seeing it, and now when I turn the valve I can't hear any water coming through and the pressure doesn't change.

I have seen a few videos that suggest there are two valves that need opening. There is another valve on the hose but I have never touched this before. I tried turning it today but it won't budge (it is the black valve on the right in the picture below, I usually just turn the one black valve on the left). It looks like it's turned diagonally, as if it has always been half open?

Any advice on what I should do here? I assume as I can't hear the water coming through, this is just an issue with one of the valves being stuck, but wasn't sure how to get that right-hand valve turning or if I could remove it without flooding my flat?

56604d8b-dca5-4f2b-ad48-1bf37f62543d.jpg

Thanks

1. I suspect the valve you never turn (with the white plastic spout attached to the front of it) is a drain off valve. If so, don't touch.
2. As SimonG suggests, remove plastic handle from your "normal" valve, and turn with a spanner / grips / pliers.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
It's been left well alone by me. It appears to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If all external controls and valves operate...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
With water turned off fit isolation valves to...
Replies
Views
Back