Potterton kingfisher MF replacing boiler in situ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton kingfisher MF replacing boiler in situ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there! I moved house a few months ago, and our boiler has packed it in (great timing eh?) It's an old thing (potterton kingfisher MF),but was installed in a room in the center of the house with the flue extending out the side wall onto an alley that actually belongs to our neighbour. We had an engineer out who didn't seem particularly bothered in helping and he told us we would need to move the boiler because the flue can't stay where it is, but they quoted almost double the price to move the boiler. We're getting a second opinion tomorrow but I'm wondering are they trying to get an extra couple of quid out of us or does the boiler have to be moved? Thanks!

Yes it needs to be moved as the flue must terminate over your land

1641738318972.png

I would ask a boiler engineer if the flue gas be ducted elsewhere to safely disperse away from neighboring property whilst maintaning current boiler position? AKA a plume management kit.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Thank you Shaun for your honest & very useful...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back