Potterton Netaheat Profile 50 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Netaheat Profile 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Evening all

Had a call out to a very good friends mum's house today, when the above warms the rooms up to whatever the room stat is set to, it trips the boiler. It has to be reset via the overheat reset button.

I'm thinking the overheat stat on the boiler is at fault or a wiring problem

Any ideas?

Thanks

These boilers are prone to overheating fubar... Usual suspect is dried out heatsink on the stat phial and/or the boiler stat failing. They also have a gravity/fully pumped switch so that, if the system is fully pumped, the overrun facility can be utalised..make sure that's in the correct position:)

Temp repair is to get the custard to run the boiler on minimum until you go with a new boiler stat and heatsink compound..! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the rads running at the correct temperature and not too hot?
A faulty boiler 'stat would trip the overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This may help bud check the pump overun stat
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
All sorted. It was a dodgy microswitch in the...
Replies
Views
The 830 and 630 are the same boiler, just the...
Replies
Views
Back