potterton performa 24 central heating problem. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss potterton performa 24 central heating problem. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

problemBoy

I start form the beginnig.
Bolier can get hot water but only if we put the heating on.
My gas and pluming enginneer fixed it , and it costs me thousands. New termistor, new gas valve, new PCB and only start working when we get repaired diverted valve . costs me thousands just to fix this little problem.
That was summer time. Now the weather gets colder, I realized the central heating not working. The boiler keeps fire up (on of on of) and after few mins Flame Failure.
The push rod hitting the micro switch when hot tap is running.
The push rod Not hitting(not moving) the micro switch when heating is on.
The push rod hitting the micro switch when hot tap is running and heating is on(but radiators a cold).
If I tuch the microswitch a little, the boiler fireups permanently and Radiators gets hot without any Flame Failure and etc.
Also I realised , the boiler loosing pressure a little.
Can you please advise me were the problem is so I cat get a new engineer so he can fixed this for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but without knowing what to fix , they want say on the phone what is going on , and charge for visit. I can ask for price straight if know were is the problem.

Get him back to fix it. You've paid for it, but it seems to have been done by a clueless idiot who keeps swapping bits. Sure he's gsr? :)

Its a company, with all the invoices. The diverted valve wasn't new. Refurbished, I feel like their didnt repair it proper. Deffinately will make them phone call, but better for me if I know whats going on with my boiler, and itis so fanilly , i had the opposite problem now. Tried to save some money when asked for fix, but now...

Other than pick up the phone that's as far as the gas advice goes to non gsr people. Forum rules and regulations.

So I would stop tinkering inside the boiler and pick up the phone.

Last edited:
I think that you are somewhat over stating what it has cost to repair your boiler, no one is going to tell you over the phone what the answer is ! reading what you have put, this is what you have been doing, asking what it may be, and trying to fix it yourself, spending out for parts that are not required thinking you will save money ! Well if as you say you have spent Thousands trying to repair your boiler would it not have made more sense replacing it ??

where about are you ? go to link below and list you job and someone will come out and fix your boiler and I can promise you will never be over 1k
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

I would never have spent that much on fixing a boiler it would have been cheaper to replace it. to me the first issue was a cheap fix - part approx. £20 and an hr max to fit .don't know why he replaced the gas valve if the hot water worked .looks like your engineer was practicing his boiler repairing on your boiler - no matter how skilled you an engineer is we don't know every fault but to spend that much trying to sort a fault is madness. you are best getting a recommended engineer who someone else has used - word of mouth is priceless

Trial and error fix! massive costs probably not thousands, but unnecessary and demonstrates they don't know what their doing.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
L
Replies
Views
Back