Potterton performa 28 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton performa 28 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

londondave

Hi all,

potterton performa 28. Just started job. Boiler is not generating enough heat for the bath water. I notice the scale goes upto 80 degrees on the front then the boiler flame goes out and switches off. It seems like heat isnt getting out of the boiler circuit into the DHW coil.

About to check for blockages, but any advice would be greatly appreciated ! thanks Davce

this unit is 7 years old.

Am suspected a blockage in the heat exchanger. theres a nut that looks like it could be an inline filter so I am going to check it out to see if it is a blocked filter.

Gas pressure 18mb at inlet

check dhw thermistor,diverter valve for dumping down or sticking and the plate heat exchanger

Took out the heat exchanger found it to be full of black ferrous bits from the radiators. Tested sensor with green wires and found it to be 9.9 ohms at room temp.

Bought new sensor (also 9.9 ohms so didnt fit) and new heat exchanger.

Changed heat exchanger and boiler now runs fine. Very hot water and no need for gas to switch on and off due to first circuit over heating like it did before.

Thanks for advice.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
S
Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back