Potterton Performa 28i | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Performa 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Hiya guys, I went to one of these last friday (second man on job, first one said there was nothing wrong) anyway the boiler runs fine on DHW. When you switch over to Central Heating the demand light comes on, the boiler fires and runs for about 20 secs then goes off along with the demand light, then the demand light comes back on and the process is repeated. There are no fault lights at all on the boiler either, I had a CH sensor with me so I checked it and changed it anyway, flue looks perfect, customer rang me tuesday to say boiler was fine and now tonight they've rang to say its started again...any ideas before I traipse back there !! Thanks.

What a boot

Boot is the bit that connects power lead to head.
y2e4ygaz.jpg

what is the boot? you guys are talking about stuff i dont know about, i feel left out what is the boot

do you really take diverter valve apart not just visually check whether pin is going in and out

I didnt click on the link but those boilers dont have a pump proving switch do they, those faults which wont happen while youre there and dont lock out usually go back to air pressure switch, pump proving switch or some type of over heating

I did google it and thought it was same as duo? If same as 105 with diaphragm then yes defo pin. But pin on diaphragm is for DHW? Pin at back is for pump? If 105 variant always suspect diaphragm, microswitch and some times the two micro tubes to either side of diaphragm??

what is the boot? you guys are talking about stuff i dont know about, i feel left out what is the boot

do you really take diverter valve apart not just visually check whether pin is going in and out

I didnt click on the link but those boilers dont have a pump proving switch do they, those faults which wont happen while youre there and dont lock out usually go back to air pressure switch, pump proving switch or some type of over heating

Don't take to bits, remove actuator head and see if its actuating!

Actuator head would be my best guess, don't they have to go to there correct position to signal the pcb to operate.

Last edited:
Would the actuator head cause the C/H demand light to go on and off ?? I'm losing the demand light and that's causing the burner to drop off. Within seconds the demand light comes back on and the boiler relights, it's not even getting to flame failure !!

No would cause boiler to overheat and register no flow. Check stat and if internal clock short the two black wires. Sounds possibly like demand intermittent! Loose connection at stat?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did google it and thought it was same as duo? If same as 105 with diaphragm then yes defo pin. But pin on diaphragm is for DHW? Pin at back is for pump? If 105 variant always suspect diaphragm, microswitch and some times the two micro tubes to either side of diaphragm??
motor will work on a duo,not sure if leads the same,DV as you probably know is totally different

No would cause boiler to overheat and register no flow. Check stat and if internal clock short the two black wires. Sounds possibly like demand intermittent! Loose connection at stat?

That's what I'm thinking mate, I thought it was the CH sensor tbh and it's been fine for six days and all of a sudden same fault again. Regarding the back diaphragm I always thought it was to prove the pump on this boiler ??

That's what I'm thinking mate, I thought it was the CH sensor tbh and it's been fine for six days and all of a sudden same fault again. Regarding the back diaphragm I always thought it was to prove the pump on this boiler ??

e2utapaq.jpg

DHW on and off not pump proving

zegyze8e.jpg

Diverter and 3 pin (boot) and ch prooving. Normally open?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have iPhone, may be different on Htc
Firstly get
y7u8y6ur.jpg

Then find pic u need

Then push screen lock and menu button at same time...

Then post as usual

iPhone is excellent as u can send pics for free to other I phone users .... So easy when explaining to some one!

We send our parts supplier pic of data badge and the part we want on boiler . He sends back pic of part to confirm with price then posts it. Never speak to him bower days unless bored!

Try him he posts next day anywhere in uk and is cheap! If u want number pm. Don't want to upset any sponsors!

We send our parts supplier pic of data badge and the part we want on boiler . He sends back pic of part to confirm with price then posts it. Never speak to him bower days unless bored!

Try him he posts next day anywhere in uk and is cheap! If u want number pm. Don't want to upset any sponsors![/QUOTE]

Are they new parts or reconditioned

No never all genuine new stuff! He knows his stuff used to be big boy at Pts Few years back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plate to plate Sorry to say gas engineers job
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
Back