Potterton Powermax HE: Only generates one showers worth of hotwater at a time | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Powermax HE: Only generates one showers worth of hotwater at a time in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I've just moved into a property with a Powermax HE boiler, and it only seems to produce one showers worth of hot water at a time. I then have to boost it for an hour before we can get another shower.

The hot water is set to come on from 13:00 to 17:00 every day.
Its controlled by a Hive system.
The previous owner told me it had its PCB changed last year.

I've lived in a nearby property with exactly the same boiler about eight years ago and I cant recall having any issues with it.

How can I get it to generate and store more hot water? Is this a common/known issue?

I think these came in three sizes (different size integral HW cylinder), do you know which size you've got? Maybe the one at your other place was bigger. Do you live in a hard water area? Maybe the cylinder is all furred up?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Depending on the type of digital shower it...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Nathalie
N
  • Question
I was asking Philbutton about his problem.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Really appreciate all the detail. Yes...
Replies
Views
Back