Potterton Powermax HE85 boiler - Lockout problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Powermax HE85 boiler - Lockout problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mabbymae

Hi,

I have a Potterton Powermax HE85 boiler which keeps locking out and showing error code A01. Does anyone know what is causing this and roughly how much to repair it?

Look forward to your answers.

Mandy

burner failed to light
Check gas supply and gas valve operation Check fan and spark operation. Check flue for blockage
Clean or replace ionisation probe & lead Check condensate outlet not blocked & vent tube is clear ok hope that helps,

Last edited:
When was it last serviced ? We fitted a few of these and if not serviced seem to throw this up as electrodes need cleaned and gapped

Have found that it can also be caused by p.c.b fault i believe, but as above condensate and ionisation probe more then likely the cause.

the probes are a known fault,new modified ones now available

Worst boiler ever, touch anything on it it starts leaking hate the things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
J
I've seen a few with boxed in flues and they...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back