Potterton Pprofile 50e Boiler help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Pprofile 50e Boiler help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Another fresh problem for a monday morning
My old trusty Potterton Profile 50e boiler has just been moved to a newly extended wall in the garden (approx 3.5 meters).

The pump is still at the old location and the only thing that was moved was the two 22mm CH pipes and a new 22mm gas pipe was laid as new for future use (even though the boiler only takes 15mm).

The radiators were filled to the brim everywhere. The hot water tank was full as well before the boiler was started. The pump was also bled (central screw) before starting the boiler.

It started as normal then gained its flame as seen through the window. Ran for about 2-3 minutes and then just turned off, then never came back on. The boiler surface was hot whereas the pipes were cold.

There is power at the boiler, but when I open the microswitch under the pump, there is no power there. Is it OK to connect power directly to this pump to see if it runs? Can anyone please advise the firing/ diagnosing sequence of this boiler? Does it have a fuse?

I've another plumber coming around but I just want to be armed with all the information so we can sort this quickly when he arrives.

Thank you.

Last edited:
In all honesty your installer should have all the information needed to diagnose and rectify the problem.

This boiler is far simpler than any new boiler and much easier to diagnose faults on. I am sure he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The use of a heat exchanger and a separate...
Replies
Views
Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Back