Potterton Precicion clicking no fan | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Precicion clicking no fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gomo10

Hi,

I have a Potterton Precision, conventional boiler, about 5 years old. It was working this morning however, when i attempt to either put the heating or hot water on constant, i just hear a click, the fan doesnt start and therefore no ignition.

There is gas at the house, confirmed by the gas cooker.

I dont have a thermostat as all the rads have TRV's.

I have checked the fan, it does spin, so its not sizied and there is power going to it.

Any help would be appricated.

Cheers

M

But please don't try and fix yourself...you need a gas safe engineer.

Hi Steve,

The only i can check if there is power to fan is by checking with my non contact tester on the cable from the pcb to the fan assembly.

The fan can be turned by hand, so its not seized.

cheers

M

Gomo, you need a qualified engineer for that. We don't have to have qualifications for no reason.
It's a safety thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
it may only be and ing unit fail but as Ric...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Depending on model it might be auto ignition...
Replies
Views
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Back