Potterton prima 30b boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton prima 30b boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin plumber

Basically i have a Potterton Prima 30b boiler installed in my flat which the landlord is reluctant to change. I light the boiler to which the pilot is lit, but when i call for heat through the room stat the burner fails to kick in. Ive checked the pump, is working and circulation is fine, ive checked all the electrics with a multi meter which again all seem to be working. Any ideas?

Hi gas man thanks for the reply, i have indeed tried pressing the overheat stat but nothing as it dosent seem to have tripped that!

you need to call in a gsr engineer,specific gas control parts require testing your landlord is obliged to arrange this

thanks for that i've got an idea its the gas valve which as gone up the creak, so gonna get that and the thermo couple changed to be on the safe side.

but you have said you have checked with a multimeter and the electrics are ok so that rules out the gasvalve if your not getting 240v and as your pilots lit thermos doing its job

If you are a tenant then it's your landlords responsibility to suply you with heat! It is there responsinility period!!!
The boilers is though, as basic as can be..........imho .............. You certainly have an ignition issue but only a GSR engineer will be able to deternmine that safely :)

I know what the landlord is obliged to do, i've posted this to get an idea of what the fault maybe. I will get a gas engineer to do the works in question but thought this was a plumbers forum where you could get information and not told to call an engineer! I don't mean this in a rude way, i'm just trying to get to the bottom of the problem!!

thats fair what you say but on this forum we only give advice that concerns safety to people who can prove there competency,plumbing issues no problem the advice will flow freely however you dont have plumbing problems you have a broken boiler,if you could prove your gsr we could help you

I know what the landlord is obliged to do, i've posted this to get an idea of what the fault maybe. I will get a gas engineer to do the works in question but thought this was a plumbers forum where you could get information and not told to call an engineer! I don't mean this in a rude way, i'm just trying to get to the bottom of the problem!!

Your problem is IN MY OPINION .... you find it difficult to take note of good advice and are instead trying to find a way of DIY ! The fault in question is not DIY IMO

well thanks for your help anyway, i am city and guilds nvq level 2 qualified and am planning to do my gas safe in the next few months. im trying to get my knowledge of boilers up to scratch, so i've got more of an idea when going on boiler course etc.

well thanks for your help anyway, i am city and guilds nvq level 2 qualified and am planning to do my gas safe in the next few months. im trying to get my knowledge of boilers up to scratch, so i've got more of an idea when going on boiler course etc.
good luck with the course come back when you are gsr and we will give you all the advice you need in faulting boilers

So you've steped up a rung and approached the more learned :) Well Done mate! Maybe next time don't be so affraid of puting forward your abilities ... lol ... maybe then we'll be less guarded against helpin you out :)

Hi redsaw i have turned te stat up to maximum, which the other day the burner did actually ignite and the boiler worked. Then when i returned home the boiler pilot had gone out and the burner would again no longer ignite!

if the pilot has gone out on its own accord then its dangerous and needs looking at properly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
All sorted. It was a dodgy microswitch in the...
Replies
Views
Don't know if there are older / newer versions...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If all external controls and valves operate...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back