Potterton Prime Overheat Stat | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Prime Overheat Stat in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Evening all.
Can anyone help me with a bit of advice.

We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old). It turns out after checking Serial number with Potterton that it was manufactured in 2003.

Had it regularly serviced but a few weeks ago it failed to come on in the morning. I found the over temperature reset - pressed it and it restarted.

Failed several more times so the Service chap checked it over when he came and said he though that the flue was the problem.

Normally I have hot water and heating on from 7.00am to 9.00am and then hot water 4.00pm to 6.00pm with heating 4.00pm to 9.00pm.

I changed the timings and had hot water on 5.00am to 7.00am. Today, for example, hot water worked ok but no heating when we got up - had to reset again.

After service it has still continued to fail and the chap is currently looking to quote us for a replacement due to the age!

What I can’t understand is that it will work ok for a longish period then it will go off on the room stat but (now a couple of times a day) it has to be reset for it to restart.

Is there anything else anyone could suggest as to the cause of the problem? Could it be a faulty Boiler thermostat for example?

Any ideas would be welcome as sods law it’s happening on the coldest days of the year.

Kind Regards

David

Similar plumbing topics

W
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Z
Probably a circulation issue caused by sludge...
Replies
Views
Back