Potterton Profile 80ng, making a bang on start up???? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Profile 80ng, making a bang on start up???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Morning all, see a mate of mine Friday night & he was asking about the above.

On start up it makes a little bang, seems to happen on hot water & central heating, he is 100% sure it's coming from the boiler, it's not really bad but he is worrying a bit.

I was thinking gas valve.

Anyone else got any ideas????

Thanks people.

Mates and customers can be mistaken as to the source of noises.
You'd be wise to test the boiler yourself.

Mates and customers can be mistaken as to the source of noises.
You'd be wise to test the boiler yourself.

Phoned him this morning about getting round there. Said he had a gas leak the weekend & they have cut him off. The banging has st op now tho lol.

I'm round there first thing to sort the gas leak & take a look at the boiler, do I need to issue him with any paper work after I'v done the gas leak?

Many thanks...

Could be a passing gas valve causing explosive ignition. Or a total coincidence.

I'd isolate boiler to check pipework before doing anything else.

How did he know he had a leak?

Could be a passing gas valve causing explosive ignition. Or a total coincidence.

I'd isolate boiler to check pipework before doing anything else.

How did he know he had a leak?

He just said he could smell gas Sunday morning, so made the call & they cut him off

He just said he could smell gas Sunday morning, so made the call & they cut him off

Hmmm. Well I would test gas with boiler isolated from supply and if you have no leak, re-test with boiler open, if you find a leak you've solved 2 problems at once and your mate thinks you're a superstar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Sadly, with our first contestant, I don't...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back