potterton profile boiler help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss potterton profile boiler help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alyn2511

Hi guys,
I have had a property broken into and all the central heating, hot and cold pipe and cylinder stolen.
What cylinder do i need to get with the potterton profile 30?

Anyone you like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So direct or indirect? plus it has the pump and two 3 port valves

You will want an indirect

Have you stil got the pump and 3 port or do you want to spec this?

the pump is there and two 3 port valves for some reason on a 2 bed house

Do you mean 2 port. Seems very odd to have two 3ports.

Is one of them a mixing valve?

well they are the honeywell two pipes going into one valves and r the same

Cheeky buggers, I hope they drained the cylinder first...?

no wrecked the ceilings too
can u suggest what i need to put this right

Get a local plumber round for a quotation, they will be able to see roughly the size of the previous cylinder by where the pipework etc has been cut off before... and there may be some other bits needed etc that was stolen / damaged in the "removal " process!
Maybe go for a stainless steel replacement.. its worth less in scrap i think...?

i have a plumber but i am looking to buy the kit myself as it will be cheaper. all thats left on the boiler is the pump and two honeywell vales, it is an indirect cylinder i need isn't it?

i have a plumber but i am looking to buy the kit myself as it will be cheaper. all thats left on the boiler is the pump and two honeywell vales, it is an indirect cylinder i need isn't it?
how many cold water storage tanks do you have?

thanks gas man, the only thing that does confuse is why there r two honeywell valves with it being a 1 zone system what do u think?

because you have a s plan one valve for heating one for hot water

What you need is a plumber,let him get the gear,you will need fittings ect as well,it will not be that much more and if you have any problems ,it will all be his responsibility,plus if you keep the plumber hanging about waiting for you to get bits you have forgotten,he will charge you,so you could end up paying more in the long run,did you not have insurance ?

imho

how does that work then with the heating a hot pipes then? the boiler and cylinder r in the same cupboard see

im still arguing with the insurance people the property was empty see well thats their arguement

What you need is a plumber,let him get the gear,you will need fittings ect as well,it will not be that much more and if you have any problems ,it will all be his responsibility,plus if you keep the plumber hanging about waiting for you to get bits you have forgotten,he will charge you,so you could end up paying more in the long run,did you not have insurance ?

imho
like the new avatar puddle is that you with war paint on LOL

flow from boiler goes into your pump then from the pump the pipework go,s to both motorized valves one opens when you want heating the other when you want hot water

so through the motorised valves then into the flow side of the cylinder is it? then back to the return on boiler?

no both on the flow google Honeywell s plan all will become clear:lightbulb:

So the cylinder needs to be indirect, does this always come with the tapping for an immersion heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Oh that's a shame. Some of our other members...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
All good. Cheers mate!!! Have a great weekend!!
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
Back