Potterton Puma 100e wont fire up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Puma 100e wont fire up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, wonder if anyone can help, I have a Potterton Puma 100e which is a number of years old now and has always been troublesome. My new problem is that no hot water or central heating can be got from the boiler. When a hot tap is opened a restricted flow can be heard through the boiler but it wont fire up. The only light lit on the control panel is the mains light. The red light on the modulater board lights when the hot tap is opened. Following the fault finding process in the manual all voltages are present and the manual says change the fan but I have bench tested the fan and it runs fine. The relays open and close when the boiler standby switch is operated. When the c/h switch is operated the fan can be heard running and the pump runs. There is one bar preesure shown on the dial and gas and water supplies are present. Anyone any ideas on fault finding this very troublesome boiler. I have also replaced the DHW flow switch and micro switch.

Last edited:
Well these boilers are coming to the end of thier lives,was going to say economical life but dont think they had much of one in the first place,there was alot of lemons
But that does not help you,first thing to check is dry joints on the main pcb,re-solder all pins and around relays
If fan running ok on heating then should be ok for hot water,air pressure switch should then be checked
Hot water flow switch is ok,light on board when water run,if after re-soldering joints,no joy,probably pcb requires replacing

Hi Puddle, thanks for the reply and yes I agree it was not the best purchase that I have made with the many breakdowns that this boiler has suffered. It has, in the past, had a replacement mcb and wax capsule diverter, dhw flow switch. I have checked the aps by blowing and sucking down the tube and the switch appears to work. Would you know what the resistance of the switch should be or a means of testing that is more accurate than my method. Thanks

Is it electronic or pilot type? when the fan turns is there an audible click (APS kicking in), normally there is a spark after this. Does the fan turn when hot water demanded?

Hi, thanks everyone for the help to sort out my Potty but I decided to bite the bullet and replace it with a Worcester Bosch, hope I have better luck with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Was the oil pressure checked before replacing...
Replies
Views
Back