Potterton Statesman Flowsure Plus - Ho****er Temp. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Statesman Flowsure Plus - Ho****er Temp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bendy21

Hi All,

Have a problem at home and was hoping someone could advise.

I have a Statesman Flowsure + combi at home with the burner set to give 26KW output. The house is a semi-detached 5 bedroom with 10 rads ( 3 x 1100 doubles, 4 x 800 doubles, 400 x 1100 towel rail, 400 double & 600 double). Hot water requirements are the kitchen sink, two small cloakroom basins, a bath and a newly installed shower with Deva thermostatic mixer.

The heating works a treat with the rads heating up very quickly. The problem i have is the hot water when filling the bath or running the shower. It initially comes out nice and hot but after a minute becomes barely hot at all. I have backed the DHW flow back to 10-11 L/min but am still have the same trouble. The boiler seems to be struggling, with the main boiler temp dropping down to 58'c even when constantly running on DHW demand and the output from the heat exchanger barely 40'c. The boiler has been serviced and new cold and hot water 15mm pipes installed due to a house layout change. The exchanger has also been flushed. I don't believe there is anything more i can do to the current boiler and believe it just isn't upto the job, especially with the new shower install.

I believe the viable options are to either upgrade to a combi boiler that has better DHW performance or change over to a conventional boiler and have a main fed copper cylinder to ensure i have a good supply of 55'c DHW to hand when required. With the cost of oil continuously creeping up i don't feel that increasing the boiler size above 26KW will be benficial, as my fuel bill will go up and it will be a O.T.T for my central heating requirements, which I reckon is about 18Kw. Also i am not in a financial position to buy new so would be looking at a second hand solution. By changing over to convential system with cylinder i believe is could in fact go down a size, to around 20KW output.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Ben

Could be a number of reasons that the hot water is poor, needs investigating by a decent engineer.

In reality your existing boiler should be able to cope - I would suggest the problem is something to do with the primary controls to the heat exchanger or limescale in the heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
R
Hi, thanks for your answer. It does not have...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Back