potterton sumprima 30 - 80 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss potterton sumprima 30 - 80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to this today because it is over heating and pumping over badly,indirect cylinder,3 port,cold water tank with vent pumping over from hot water vent,not a sealed system no expansion vessel gauge etc but no vent from heating side am i missing some thing

Last edited:
when i say f and e ,i mean a vessel for topping up the central heating side, feed ,not expansion.u get me.

the vessel has a feed and a vent yeh, vent off the hot water flow pipe yeh? If that's so then the pipework configuration is wrong!

Sounds like a single cold feed pipe from the expansion tank.

Providing the boiler has an over heat thermostat this was and is acceptable, as long as the pipe is in 22mm.

Still trying to deciphre the problem you have though, if you are saying the hot water tank open vent pipe is pumping out water when the boiler is on, I would guess the coil in the cylinder is split.

combined feed and vent...

Combined f&v's can't "pump over" desrob. However it should be teed in to the flow before the pump. If it's coming off the hot water flow then it puts the f&e under positive pressure and a lot of the system under the negative effect of the pump!

Combined f&v's can't "pump over" desrob. However it should be teed in to the flow before the pump. If it's coming off the hot water flow then it puts the f&e under positive pressure and a lot of the system under the negative effect of the pump!
yes your correct,but it's the hot water vent from cylinder thats pumping over,not the heating side because i you rightly said ,it can't as it's combined into f&e.and in answer to the coil being split water is not discoloured

yes your correct,but it's the hot water vent from cylinder thats pumping over,not the heating side because i you rightly said ,it can't as it's combined into f&e.and in answer to the coil being split water is not discoloured

The domestic hot water open vent is pumping out water? Is the immersion knackered? Bog standard 'y'plan and indirect cylinder desrob?

Check all mixer taps and valves, make sure your not getting mains water pushing back up the hot.
I've even found this before where the washing machine was connected incorrectly causing this.

I'd also wonder if some plonker has put a heating open vent into the domestic tank :)

I'd also wonder if some plonker has put a heating open vent into the domestic tank :)
plonker.... you maybe right, i went to the upstairs toilet and the water,when i flush it was hot,,,,they had a new cylinder put in not long a go,, so the it could be wrong

plonker.... you maybe right, i went to the upstairs toilet and the water,when i flush it was hot,,,,they had a new cylinder put in not long a go,, so the it could be wrong

Toilet cistern could be tank fed from the same one that has theplonker vent pumping over desrob?

I think it is about high time to shut the boiler/immerser off. If the tank is heated up. They are build to withstand high temperatures for a certain period of time. After that its luck. Don't get me wrong it usually works fine but in the occasional case you may not have a properly supporting base or other problems that can cause an accident.
You led most wrong by using the phrase "over pumping". That is a CH problem.
Is the water coming out at a steady rate or in bursts?
The latter points to the immerser. First one points to cross flow in a mixer tap or bath mixer for example. Does the hot outlet get coldish?
The question after the discolored water tries to point you to the possibility of a damaged coil. But you stated that the cylinder is fairly new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Back