potterton suprima 40, always running | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss potterton suprima 40, always running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Evening all, a good mate of mine phone me today asking about the above. This problem has happen before, it seems when all the controls are off, the boiler is still running. I haven't been to the job yet, will be there tomorrow morning.

Any ideas people????

Thanks a million

No frost stat fitted, was round there today & since monday/tuesday the system has been working as normal. the 3 port was fitted by BG about 2/3 years ago, with the silly little white block on the wiring instead of the wires going into the junction box.

I'm kind of thinking changing the 3 port, room stat & programer (room stat & programer are old, never been changed & been cleaned so much both have all the number prints missing ha)

No frost stat fitted, was round there today & since monday/tuesday the system has been working as normal. the 3 port was fitted by BG about 2/3 years ago, with the silly little white block on the wiring instead of the wires going into the junction box.

I'm kind of thinking changing the 3 port, room stat & programer (room stat & programer are old, never been changed & been cleaned so much both have all the number prints missing ha)
3 port doesn't have a permanent live so will only operate via external controls ... I'd be looking elsewhere for the reason the boiler is firing personally from what you've described! Is this job personal or are you charging? If the latter then I hope you've got morals !!! :)

The suprima overrun can do silly things by-the-way that could give you the symptoms you describe ... testing would verify but you'd have to catch it in fault mode ?

Check the contacts on the Suprima board.
Its a separate terminal for switched live and pump live.
If switched live you are looking at external controls and if its just pump live it will be the pcb running pump overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Sounds like a failed motorised valve.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
If all external controls and valves operate...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yes need to find with a multi meter where the...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back