Potterton Suprima 40 Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Suprima 40 Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Hello

A general question please. I have a potterton suprima 40 boiler (conventional) It is about 12 years old and has one of the new PCB boards fitted (the older ones kept failing) with a thermostat knob on the front of it. The knob does not have any numerical temperature markings just a maximum and minimum gradient.

I am not sure how high/low i should have the thermostat set for Winter/Summer. I believe the temperature of primary flow from the boiler is 82c with the return about 10 degress less than this. I have put a clip on pipe thermometer onto the primary flow and it gets upto about 60c maximum. Should i turn the thermostat up a little more and wait until the thermometer shows a higher temperature. If i allow for heat loss through the pipework if i could get the thermometer to read about 70c would this mean the water in the pipe is more the temperature i need it to be.

Basically not sure if i have the thermostat set too low in which case the boiler stays on for longer or if i put the thermostat too high am i overworking it ?

Does this all make sense ?

yes perfect sense ,you want to get out a bit more often , i have been doing this job for nearly 20 years and i havnt done that once, if everything is warm it is correct if it is baking turn it down good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Yes spot on eg the hottest pipe out the top of...
Replies
Views
Back